Our Payment Policy
We ask everyone who wishes to work with us to familiarize themselves with our payment policy. Although we try to explain everything verbally, we ask that you please read the following.
- The initial consultation between the client and Affordable Web Design Ltd, is to be of a duration of one hour or less. This applies to in-office meetings and telephone or Skype conversations. This initial consultation is free.
- Discussion of specific elements of the web design or development project is part of the project and is part of the estimated overall timeframe. This includes telephone conversations, emails and office visits.
- The deposit as described below is immediately payable as soon as the client gives us the go-ahead for the project, and before we begin any work.
- For designs which have been estimated at up to $2000.00 + applicable tax, we require payment equal to the estimated amount in full, including applicable taxes, before we begin the work.
- For designs which have been estimated at over $2000.00 for the design component of the project, we require a deposit of $2000.00 + 1/2 of the remainder of the estimated design cost p[lus applicable taxes on that portion, before we begin the work. The balance of the remaining amount is then due within 7 calendar days after we advise you that we have substantially completed your design.
- Programming costs, if applicable, are separate from web design costs, and the estimated programming charge must be paid in full before the programmers begin working on your project.
- For yearly domain name registration registered on behalf of the client by Affordable Web Design Ltd and provided by our Affiliated Registrar, we require the full fee at the time of setup. Domain name registration may be done for any time period the client prefers, from one year up to 10 years. Domain name registration fees are non-refundable. However, if a client wishes to transfer their domain name to a different registrar, the expiry date follows the domain name. For example, if your name is registered to December 31st, 2020, that expiry date will stay the same even if you change domain name registrars.
- For yearly hosting services offered by Affordable Web Design Ltd and provided by our affiliated hosting service, we require the full one year fee at the time of setup. In the case of early termination of our hosting services, we cannot refund any unused portion of the time frame.
- Should completion be delayed beyond 4 weeks from the date the deposit was received due to the client's inability to provide us with all necessary information for whatever reason, we will generate an invoice to cover any accrued time over the time covered by the initial deposit, which payment will then be due upon receipt of invoice. We will continue the project at a later date when the client is ready to continue. Deposits are not refundable and will be applied as a credit on your account and applied towards the project costs once the project resumes. Should hourly costs have increased during the inactive period from the time the original estimate was given and paid for, the higher rate will apply to any outstanding portion of the project.
- Once the client has given a go-ahead to Affordable Web Design Ltd, any subsequent change of that status which occurs beyond 30 days of the go-ahead date, will be subject to all incurred time charges plus a $200.00 administration fee. No refund will be given beyond 30 days from the initial go-ahead period. Refund cheques for payments made by cheque will be sent to the client once the initial cheque has been processed through our banking institution. Any credit on file for your account may be applied towards future work for the same client. Credits are not transferable.
- Unless Affordable Web Design Ltd is advised by the client at least 2 weeks prior to expiration of yearly domain name and/or hosting fee contracts, Affordable Web Design Ltd will automatically renew said services, in order to avoid any interruption in service and the domain name and hosting fees will be payable in full by the client.
- All accounts are due upon receipt of invoice. Interest charges of 2.5% per month may be applied to all unpaid accounts beyond 30 days from date of issuance of invoice.
- In the case of accounts which are more than 60 days overdue from date of work completion, or where payment for completed work has been refused, Affordable Web Design Ltd. reserves the right to apply a visible suspension status to the website and remove the website content from the server until such time as payment has been received.
- In the case of non-payment of domain name registration and/or hosting, Affordable Web Design Ltd reserves the right to apply a visible suspension status and remove the website content, as well as to change the registrant information to our name until outstanding accounts, including any late fees, have been paid in full.
- In the case of logo design, photography or any other non-web related services that have been provided to a client through the intermediary services of Affordable Web Design Ltd but for which payment has not been received, the client forfeits all rights to the use of such logo design, photographs, or the benefit of other services, and the ownership of said designs, photos and other reverts to Affordable Web Design Ltd.
- Once payment and any applied interest, as well as any other applicable fees, have been received, Affordable Web Design Ltd. will endeavor to reinstate the website content as it was before it was suspended. Reinstatement of accounts may be subject to a $200 administration fee.
- In the case where hosting has been provided but not paid for, whether an invoice has ever been received by the client or not, the overdue yearly hosting fees must be paid or be subject to further processing by our affiliated collection agency.
- Delinquent accounts, either those of 90+ days, or where there is refusal of payment for work already done, may be subject to further processing by an affiliated collection agency on behalf of Affordable Web Design Ltd. (we do encourage everyone to avoid this drastic measure at all costs since it would probably greatly affect your credit rating). The delinquent account holder is then responsible for the collection agency fee (35% of total outstanding), in addition to any outstanding account balance, including all late fees and other administration fees.
We thank you for ready this policy.