Do you have what it takes?
"I want to be able to make changes myself" is something we hear all the time. However, once people realize what is involved, most of them will usually decide to just let us look after whatever few changes they may have at any given time, since we only charge for the time it takes to make whatever changes are needed.
- Do you already know how to work with pictures so that you can touch them up, crop them, size them, etc, to fit into the existing layout of your website?
- Do you have the right software that allows you to work with images and keep them to a small file size so as not to make the page slow to open (example: Photoshop)?
- Are you comfortable with writing content, proper spelling, etc, without taking away from the Search Engine Optimization keywords we put into your website?
- Would you need to make constant changes to overall content or just every now and then?
Updating Online Store Products
This is actually something completely different than what is meant by "looking after your own content". Online store technology already has the function built into it to allow the store owner to enter their own information and pictures. It is of course a prerequisite to have a certain level of computer understanding with regards to pictures and such, in order to be able to work with the administration panel of an online store.
We suggest that you discuss your needs with us and we will advise you of what we feel would work best for you based on your input.
Is it right for you?
- Wordpress is a popular template based content management system but it is not for everyone.
- Many of the templates are quite restrictive unless the user knows how to customize the layout.
- You need to know what you're doing in order to ensure proper security on Wordpress sites.
- Do you need to make a lot of changes to your website?
- Do you have more than just the most basic knowledge of how to work with computers?
- Are you able to crop, size and optimize pictures?
- Will you have the time to constantly update your website so that the content doesn't go stale?
- Do you have specific functions you want the Wordpress template to do for you?
Although Wordpress can indeed be the right solution for some, it is certainly not the best solution for everyone. Let us analyze your needs to see if Wordpress is the best solution for you.
Our own CMS
Affordable Web Design Ltd has designed our own user-friendly content management system for our clients who want us to create a customized website for them and then be able to look after the pages "after the fact".
- We listened to our clients who had bad experiences with Wordpress
- We designed an easy-to-use administration panel to make it easy to work with.
- You get the benefit of a fully customized design which has everything in it that you want.
- However you still need to determine if you need to add the cost of a Content Management System to your overall web project costs.
Although looking after your own pages can be beneficial to some, for those who only have a few changes every now and then, or who simply don't have the knowledge or the time, Affordable Web Design Ltd looks after all updates usually within 48 hours. So talk to us to see what will work best for you!